incubator-general mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:07:39 GMT
$ mkdir org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator
$ cd org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator/
$ wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ace/org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator-source.jar
$ jar -xf org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator-sources.jar
$ wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ace/org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator.pom
$ mv org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator.pom pom.xml
$ mvn clean install

regards,

Karl

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> To try that I just went to the ACE downloads page which has a bunch of
> jars and source jars to download, i downloaded the source of the first
> one, org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator-sources.jar, and
> looking inside there is the source to some Java classes but no build
> scripts or pom.xml file, so how would I go about building this?
>
>   ...ant
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Again, we had this discussion before namely, when the actual release
>> vote happened. I'm still confused why we have to go through this
>> again. You should be able to build all of the components by using the
>> -source.jar's that are provided. They contain what is necessary i.e.,
>> the full source.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Karl

>>> AFAICT the full source (as in SVN trunk) is not actually present in
>>> the distribution directory.
>>>
>>> For example, where are the top-level files in SVN (BUILDING, README) ?
>>> And the etc/ directory?
>>>
>>> If I wanted to build any or all of the components, there does not
>>> appear to be a way to do this from the files in the distribution.

>>> The ASF primarily releases source; releases must include full source.

the Apache Incubator to a Top Level Project.

(12 in total now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this year to demonstrate
we follow the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern using accepted Apache
practices and ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

is ready and willing to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution
proposal or Charter and start a vote on the general incubator list. The full process is described
at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel