incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Actively retiring projects (was: Incubator Board Report November 2011)
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 01:40:30 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...
>
>   The idea sounds good in general more specifically that should be clear
> and documented on the incubator site for future incubating projects. But,
> IMHO, we should categorize projects mentioned in that list from very old to
> recent ones and each group of mentors get in touch with their mentored
> projects and get with some feedback about such plan, so we can be more fair
> and give people a chance either to do some progress, more specifically for
> recent incubated projects and even for the older projects to revive if that
> is possible.
>
> Thoughts ?

Nobody is proposing immediate expulsion of any PPMC based solely on a metric.

On the other hand, it should not be a surprise to mentors that they
are responsible for[1] "assessment of the Podling status with respect
to continuation/exit strategy".  Reports for PPMCs that are older than
a year should be expected to contain this information.  Repeated
failure to include such information and/or demonstrate forward
progress towards meeting these objectives should cause the Incubator
(not the Board!) to take action.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Mentor