incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:33:10 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> 3. The Champion is not necessarily a mentor.
>
> Not sure if that actually makes sense. I think a Champion is a mentor
> by default somehow...

Not if a podling PPMC member is elected as a Champion as the podling progresses.

But initially yes, the requirements for being a Champion and Mentor
are the same (being an Incubator PMC member) and it's fine for the
Champion to act as a Mentor when that makes sense.

>> 4. The podling can elect a new Champion at any time
>
> I think once the project has entered incubation, the Champion needs to
> be reelected. When the project has been accepted, it should be the
> first vote they make. Sometimes a Champion does not want to stick
> further with the project, if there are enough other people interested
> in it....

Ok, but I'd let the podling decide.

-Bertrand