incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fw: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:32:40 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's really a good question.   I'm using apache projects a lot but I've
> never downloaded a single source release since ages, mostly using svn to
> checkout / build, or maven source jars for debugging within the ide as you
> said.
> I know it's a requirement, but it's not very useful for certain kind of
> projects imho..

Plus if I am going to make a bug fix or add a feature that I intend to
contribute back I will do it as a diff patch which I generate from version
control.

So having the sources in a release is worthless for me. Knowing the tag is
what I need to work the source, produce a patch and submit that back to the
community.

Regards,
Alex