incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0-incubating
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:17:38 GMT

On Nov 28, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Neha Narkhede wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, I still have some questions.
>
> 1. Alan, this nunit license acknowledgement is missing from the NOTICE file
> since RC1 and RC1 had the nunit files. Since cutting RCs is a significant
> time investment, we'd appreciate if you could list all the concerns you
> have once.

I do not hold back my concerns hand them out in piecemeal fashion.  I overlooked the DLL in
earlier release candidate reviews; I made a mistake.  :)

> 2. Sebb, if you have feedback on what should be removed from the file, we'd
> appreciate the exact list of items that are OK to be removed from the
> NOTICE. It is still unclear to us on what should and should not be included.

I think that Sebb has made some good suggestions.  It is not a requirement that the NOTICE
file be minimal.  Let's worry about this for the 0.7.x or 0.8.0 release.

> 3. Ant, thanks for the suggestion earlier. We'd like this discussion to
> conclude with the exact contents of the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
>
> Better yet, can all these Apache nitty gritty items be listed on some wiki
> that the incubator RMs can follow and depend on ?
>
> I understand that the incubator process depends on the mentors to give such
> feedback, but clearly that is insufficient.

IIUC, all that really needs to be done is to add NUnit to the NOTICE and LICENSE files.

We can perform all the other suggestions in a subsequent release.  I invite those who are
interested to join the kafka project at kafka-dev and submit patches.  :)

Regards,
Alan