incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Accumulo 1.3.5-incubating
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:42:08 GMT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 4:12 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 17 November 2011 21:16, Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo (incubating)
version 1.3.5.  This will be the first incubator release for Accumulo.

>> This candidate has received 4 binding +1 votes (1 IPMC, 3 PPMC) and 1 non-binding
+1 vote, with no -1 votes.  We need 2 additional IPMC votes for release.

>> The PPMC vote result can be found here:
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-accumulo-dev/201111.mbox/%3c1465679136.27503.1321560055469.JavaMail.root@linzimmb04o.imo.intelink.gov%3e
>>
>> The Accumulo release process is described here:
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/accumulo/governance/releasing.html
>>
>> Tarball, checksums, signatures:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/accumulo-1.3.5rc6/
>
> -1
> There's no source release.
> Yes, the source is included with the binary, but ASF primary goal is
> to release source; binaries are optional and extra.

I'm confused.  If all the required source needed to completely construct the product how is
that not a source release?

> Also, one or two Java files which don't have AL headers (and don't
> appear to be autogenerated).

It does not appear in the Rat report.  What file did you find?

Regards,
Alan