incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Lucene.Net 2.9.4-incubating-RC3
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:01:42 GMT
On 2011-11-23, sebb wrote:

> On 23 November 2011 05:17, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm happy to announce that Lucene.Net 2.9.4-incubating-RC3 is available and ready
for your testing and voting.

>> Release candidate artifacts:
>> http://people.apache.org/~pnasser/Lucene.Net/2.9.4-incubating-RC3/

> The source archive is missing several chunks of what is in the SVN tag.

> None of the following directory trees are in the source archive:

> branding/
> docs/
> lib/

Yes, this is deliberate.

> Are none of these needed for building/testing the software?

lib contains tools that developers need to test or build certain parts.
All of them can be downloaded separately and in fact many .NET
developers will have their own copy of NUnit already.  There is no point
in bundling them with the release.  They are in svn for convenience.

See the last point in <https://cwiki.apache.org/LUCENENET/road-map.html>

It is an issue the community will be addressing.

branding and docs are website only things.

> The SVN tag contains lots of .exe files under the lib tree.
> Is it *really* necessary for these to be in SVN?

See above.

Stefan