incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Lucene.Net 2.9.4-incubating-RC3
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 06:50:06 GMT
On 2011-11-25, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I hate to have to say this, but I have concerns about the NOTICE file
> based on recent traffic here.

If anything this is a case of "ask and get three different answers" as
the Lucene.NET community added the stuff to the NOTICE file because I as
a mentor told them to.  Sorry about that.

This is the same kind of acknowledgement the Lucene Java project has in
their NOTICE file as well, for example.

Can anybody please point me to the result of the conversation that
defines our current understanding of what goes into NOTICE and what
doesn't so I don't give bad advice to podlings?  I'm pretty sure this
must have changed over the years and I was conditioned with a different
interpretation from what it is now.

Is it

<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license>
<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-notice>

(which fortunately don't disagree with each other)

?

Stefan