incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:42:25 GMT
In my opinion, ACE is ready to begin the process of graduating from the Apache Incubator to
a Top Level Project.

Since joining the incubator in in May 2009 we've added 4 new committers (12 in total now)
from diverse organizations and did a release in May this year to demonstrate we follow the
Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices and
ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

The first step is to vote as a community, demonstrating that ACE is ready and willing to graduate.
Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution proposal or Charter and start a vote
on the general incubator list. The full process is described at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Greetings, Marcel