incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 05:18:49 GMT
I wanted to pick back up on the reporting issue raised, separately to the concept of an informal
chair.

I'm +1 to to what Sam and Joe said. Is this something the incubator could start working towards
for the December report?

I would still like to see the podling reports either included in the report or linked to the
incubator web site - but having the summary information and actions with assurance they'd
already been reviewed would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Brett

On 22/11/2011, at 1:05 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> To me a lot of the problem stems from the fact that the reports are
>> misdirected- instead of informing the board about the activities of
>> the IPMC, it tells them about the podling's activities, which doesn't
>> scale properly.
>>
>> We should be reporting to the board about OUR work, not the work of
>> the podlings.  Podlings should only be brought in for a few specific
>> examplesto mention.  That's the first thing to correct.
>
> +1
>
> - Sam Ruby

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org