incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: concerns about high overhead in Apache incubator releases
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:56:59 GMT
> I think I've been leading a sheltered existence. In the TLPs of which
> I play a part, over the 5 years or so that I've been around, I've
> never seen a release proceed past a -1. Every single time, a -1 has
> led to recutting the release.

That is because, every single time, the RM agreed that the release
was worth re-cutting.  The vote hadn't (necessarily) failed... it was
withdrawn for a better tag.

When you get into complex alpha/beta releases, many projects will
proceed, noting a -1 for some broken platform or broken feature,
in order to get to the -next- alpha or beta release with that defect
corrected, in addition to community feedback on the rest of the
platforms and features.

A majority of +1's over -1's is required, obviously :)