incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 05:36:30 GMT

> Do you see any validity in my theory that the ipmc is so large and
> diffuse as to be directionless?

Of course.  It applies to the ASF as a whole.

But Incubator submissions keep coming, as (generally part of one of)
1) dev lib functionality, 2) dev tooling, 3) ASF project extensions,
or 4) (rare) userspace experience applications.

Sure different groupings could have more focused 'incubators', but we
tried that, and just held the wake for Jakarta (formerly Apache Java).

But I suspect that the core of incubator understands exactly why we
are here, code and language and tooling agnostic, to bring in new
open source efforts.  And we do an 'ok' job.  We can't substitute for
a lack of interest or broad participation.  But we can probably do a
much better job at recruitment/posting opportunities to be involved.