incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc5
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:57:18 GMT
On 11/15/11 3:20 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 15 November 2011 02:12, Benson Margulies<bimargulies@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> That page is very misleading, and there was a long discussion of this
>> topic elsewhere.
>>
>> Look at the example just above the requirement:
>>
>> "The Apache Xerces XML parsing library is easily configurable and
>> compliant with current standards"
>>
>> Yes, in some sense, Xerces is an adjective there, but really what the
>> senator is trying to say is to construct a particular noun phrase.
> AIUI, trademarks need to be used as if they are adjectives.
>
> For example:
>
> The Hoover vacuum cleaner is versatile
> NOT
> The Hoover is a versatile vacuum cleaner

We will change our one sentence description to this:
"The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based toolkit for the
processing of natural language text."

What do you think?

Anything else in the RC 5 which should be fixed? We will soon prepare
our next release candidate, vote on our development list and will
hopefully be back
with a new release vote here next week.

Thanks,
Jörn