incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc5
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:21:56 GMT
Hi all,

please review and vote on approving the release of Apache OpenNLP.

OpenNLP is a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of
natural language text.
It supports the most common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence
segmentation,
part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, parsing, and
coreference resolution.

We addressed a couple of issues in this release:
- Removed UIMA from the NOTICE file
- Added a tar.gz source distribution
- Removed files that are not in SVN from source distribution
- Added API documentation about the OpenNLP Chunker

The OpenNLP community approved the release of opennlp-1.5.2-rc5 in this
vote thread
with 4 binding votes and we received no 0 or -1 votes:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-opennlp-dev/201111.mbox/%3C4EBD377D.3050607%40gmail.com%3E

The release artifacts and rat reports can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~joern/releases/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating/rc5/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc5/

KEYS file:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc5/KEYS

Our release contains multiple sub-projects, the rat reports have been
generated
for each of these sub-projects.

Many thanks for your support,
Jörn