incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][RFC] Fediz for the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:48:11 GMT
Hi Nick,

sorry for my late answer, I was busy with the ApacheCon presentation.

The current Fediz codebase doesn't support OID/OAuth. Of course, it
could be interested to support it, by implementing it or by leveraging
existing implementations.

Some pointer about OID/OAuth:
- OID/OAuth doesn't support claims based authorization.
- OID/OAuth doesn't address end-to-end security where identities can be
propagated from a SSO enabled web application to the web services.

WS-Federation is supported by Identity Providers like OpenAM, IBM
Tivoli, Microsoft ADFS, Oracle but there is no support for it in Tomcat,
Karaf, or JBoss for instance.

I hope it answers to your question.

Regards
JB