incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: incubator is a single group
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:01:20 GMT
On 11/11/2011 1:58 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I *suggest* that incubator change the procedure such that all
> committers (or at least all committers within a single LDAP
> group) have access to all incubator areas and that new people
> simply be requested to only commit within areas for which they
> have been given permission by the podling developers.

+1 [provided that there be some machine-parsable record of the
current PPMC composition, both committers and members].

I would rather see each PPMC come to a consensus decision on
its lists of PMC membership and initial committers as a final
step for graduation, since the mapping of "I'd support this"
at proposal phase can vary widely from "I've supported this"
at the end of the incubation phase.  But its probably a topic
for an entirely different thread ;-)