incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject should podlings have informal chairs?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:45:55 GMT
Hi,

Some time back we moved to having 3 mentors, which had the positive of more hands and enough
binding votes, but the downside of no single person "on the hook" for a podling's reporting
and progress towards graduation.

Should we appoint one of the mentors at the start to be the "chair" of the PPMC, in the same
way as a full project? I would see them as responsible for ensuring the podling is reporting,
and that all of the mentors are engaged and signing off the reports.

As the podling matures, this role could be transitioned to the person who will be nominated
as the chair of the project after it graduates, if they are ready for that.

What do others think?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter