incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: incubator is a single group
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:53:18 GMT
sebb wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> >> It is the case that Initial Committers are eligible to serve on the PPMC, though
not all choose to do so.

> >> Also, it is apparently a recommendation that invited committers be invited to
the PPMC, but it doesn't seem to be a requirement.  Again, not all that are so invited choose
to serve on the PPMC.

> > Yes Seb, i intended that to be separate list,
> > as it is when they are a TLP.
> >
> > I know we do encourage new committers to simultaneously
> > be on PPMC. As is for TLPs, there are cases.
> >
> > Trying to align with current TLP processes,
> > if possible while keeping it simple.
> In that case, I agree that keeping PPMC members in a separate file
> that corresponds with committee-info.txt is a good idea, so long as
> that file has a standard name and location so it can easily be found.
> However, I don't think the committer list (currently in
> asf-auth-template) belongs in podlings.xml.
> I think that might be better as another file, or perhaps as a marker -
> or another section - in the PPMC file.

Okay. Actually i wondered that to start with, but suggested
the podlings.xml instead.

So podling-committee-info.txt with markers.
Good. Similar to TLP.

This could also align with the TLP way of managing the
report schedule in committee-info.txt

Rather than list the mentors/committers in each
podling status page, then could just link directly, e.g. (fixme)
because those are correlated and generated from
the podlings.xml and podling-committee-info.txt etcetera.

Sorry for the rushed comments: spread too thin.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message