incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Layout change - remove the right table
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 12:50:16 GMT
>> Reading the past mails shows me you are +1 to commit the layout
>> changes. You are already working on the next steps :-)
> I'm not keen on losing the RH podling list, if that's what you mean; I
> think it's useful.

You was the only one who said so so far. WIth the bootstrap layout the
project/index.html is even more readable than before.

> Introducing the podlings.xml file is independent of any layout changes.
> The idea here is to centralise and simplify maintenance of podling
> summary details.

Yes I understand that. But this thread is/was about layout changes.
This xml can be used for many things.

>> BTW, I have made a copy of the podlings.xml file because probably we
>> want to use that for some javascript magic. Of course, transforming it
>> to JSON would make things easier.
> Easier for Javascript maybe; not so easy for XSLT, and might be harder
> for clutch.
> However, we could easily convert to JSON for the published version of the file.

Transformation to both formats are possible of course

>>> And I won't now have time until Sunday earliest.
> Actually, I did already commit a sample XSLT, however it is not yet
> integrated into the build process.

Yes saw it.

I have added my layout changes too (website not updated). We need to
find a consens on the rh table. I am still not a fan of this, it
simply ugly. We have spoken on this thread about generating some kind
of projects list from the podlings.xml file. It could show a some kind
of dropdown menu from javascript. would you accept this als