incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject podlings.xml - field to hold details of non-current podlings
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:06:58 GMT
Podlings can either graduate, go dormant or retire.

There should be a reason for changing to state to dormant or retire;
at present this is stored as additional text in the description field,
which is not ideal.
I'd like to add a new field (call it <foo> for now) to contain the
details; possible better names for <foo> are:

- disposition
- resolution
- comment
- anything better?

Note: the displayed table is already quite wide, so I don't propose to
add another column to the HTML output.
The <foo> text would still be included as as part of the description
column; the main purpose is to retain the <description> as an
independent field.

In some cases, a URL might be relevant for retired projects; this
could be added as an attribute of the <foo> tag

In the case of graduated podlings, the reason is not really relevant.
What would be useful is the new URL; this could be an attribute of the
<foo> tag; the <foo> tag contents would in general be left empty for
graduated projects.

The URL could then be added as a link somewhere in the table.

Thoughts?