incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PhoneGap for Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 13:05:00 GMT
Hi Brian,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> I think there are still some questions around the Weinre source licenses.

As Christian already noted, the licensing questions can well be
resolved during incubation. My initial quick review of Weinre didn't
bring up anything too troublesome, so

> Some brainstorms going on over naming on the phonegap mailinglist too.

Yep, I noticed that. It would be nice if we could avoid too many name
changes along the way, so if you think it's likely for another good
name coming up and reaching consensus in near future then it probably
would make sense to wait until that. On the other hand I think Apache
Callback is already a pretty good name, and there is precedent of
incubating projects still changing their names before graduation when
trademark or other concerns have come up.

> What would be normal here? Wait until the start of next week perhaps?

There's no immediate rush to do this, but unless you see movement on
the naming front I don't see much need for waiting.

Do you want to start the VOTE thread, or should I take care of it?
Voting at Apache is semi-formalized, so there are a few technicalities
to take into account. Most notably the message subject should start
with "[VOTE]" and the message should contain all relevant details
(i.e. copy of the proposal) of the matter at hand. The vote should
last at least 72 hours and be open to anyone. However, only votes from
the Incubator PMC members are considered binding. See [1] for
background on voting at Apache, and [2] for a recent good example of
an Incubator acceptance vote.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
[2] http://markmail.org/message/5jvlcwuzdwpbyfvn

BR,