incubator-general mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Layout change - remove the right table
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 01:17:58 GMT
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be easier to edit and navigate if the attributes were all on
> the same line as the <podling> tag

Yeah, that's the plan.  I was just listing what attributes would be
there.  I format the final file using XPontus.  I forgot sponsor, BTW;
that'll be in there.

> What do we do with projects such as "Manifold Connector Framework
> (ManifoldCF)" ?
>
> That name is too long for a navigation list and probably some other places.
>
> Perhaps we need two types of name.
> Probably better to use the short name by default, and allow the long
> name to be used in some places.
>
> In that case, we would need to add an optional longName or fullName attribute.

Okay.  Likewise, what about Tapestry?  It has a nonstandard
"resource": http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/

Optional website attribute?

I'm generating these with a PHP script that uses a chopped version of
the podlings page as an XML source.  Single-item special cases will
have to be manual for now.