incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: manage the ReportingSchedule
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:03:52 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 04:26, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> David Crossley wrote on Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 19:00:58 +1100:
>> This reporting stuff is getting harder to manually manage.
>> We now have sixty (yes 60) podlings currently in incubation.
>>
>> Can anyone see a way to improve this process?
>
> Isn't it a solved problem?  The board does *something* to manage
> quarterly report from the ~100 PMCs it has...

It is easier for the Board to require PMCs to keep committee-info.txt
up to date (the input to our meeting agenda generator, and to Marvin),
than it is to require the same from podlings new to the Foundation. At
the Board level, it is basically "fix it, or we nuke you"; that would
be a bit harsh for arriving podlings :-P

Cheers,
-g