incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trademark Kill Searches...
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2011 22:06:57 GMT
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But yes, I agree that using "kill search" is probably a bad idea.
>> What podlings needs to do is essentially "fact finding" (not
>> interpretation). Perhaps someone could come up with something along
>> this line of thinking...
> "Podling Name Filter"...?
> "Podling Name Hunt"...?
> "Podling Name Elimination"...?
> "That Trademark Stuff Podlings Need To Do"...?
>> (Or someone could just suggest a cool name)
> Ideas?

Not sure this action item needs to have a single, well-defined name,
but I think you are approaching it from the wrong angle. Instead of
eliminating, the projects need to do something like "name availability
search", or even "confirming availability of a trademark", although
it's difficult to get a 100% confirmation. It should be enough just to
verify the availability "to the best of your ability" using common,
best-practice guidance.

Kalle