incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: timeline of Apache Incubator history
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 06:57:04 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Please see
> > http://incubator.apache.org/history/
> >
> > This is a Timeplot chart of the number of projects
> > handled by the Incubator.
> >
> > The "green" line shows the "Count podlings entered incubation".
> > The "yellow" line shows the "Total podlings currently in incubation".
> >
> > The growth of the yellow line is showing that we do have
> > more podlings entering incubation than graduating/retiring.
> > This is not sustainable.
>
> Are there any stats on mentors over time?

Not yet, but we could start now. Perhaps could programatically
obtain historical data using svn from the old projects/index.xml file.

Clutch has been gathering and showing the mentors list at
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#mentors

What statistics were you thinking of?
Perhaps "total number of member/project instances".
Something else?
Over-committedness index perhaps? :-)

-David