incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] navigation
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:56:29 GMT
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 08:39:40AM +0100, ant elder wrote:
> I don't want to get in the way of those who are doing all this good work
> with the website but my 2c's is I also would prefer visited links to have a
> different colour.

+1

    http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=986066

    This research demonstrates, with reaction time and eye
    movement analysis, the dramatic but imperfect control a designer has on
    guiding the attention of users with text color. Experimental support for
    the differentiation of visited link colors is presented, along with
    analyses of the advantages provided by differentiating link colors.

Marvin Humphrey