incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Gora 0.1.1-incubating release rc4
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 01:00:33 GMT
Hey Marvin,

Thanks, comments below:

On Sep 22, 2011, at 10:45 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 05:37:14AM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>>> As far as the tarball contents go, there are a couple issues which should be
>>> addressed, but I didn't see anything that I thought ought to block the
>>> release.  However, the build failed on my OS X 10.6 MBP, which makes it hard
>>> to vote +1 right away.
>> Gotcha. I read down below that ant test failed. Did running 'ant' without any
>> params fail?
> Running 'ant' on it's own also fails.  It looks like the same problem with
> compiling the tutorial.

Gotcha, OK that makes sense. I wonder if there is some missing Ivy
dep. I'll check it out.

>> Also can you try running mvn install (if you have Maven2 installed)
>> and see if that runs through to completion?
> Strangely, 'mvn install' fails but in a different way.  Selected snipped
> output is below my sig.

Yep I know why. It's b/c 2 of the deps aren't in Maven central and must
be installed manually. They are present in lib-ext within the gora-cassandra

>>> The svn tag is not exactly equivalent to the tar.gz, as there are some
>>> differences in pom.xml.  I don't know much about Maven and it's not going to
>>> block me from voting to release, but it's something to look at.
>> Will do. I used the mvn release plugin to create the tag, and depending
>> on the differences, it may be caused by that. I'll take a look, but any
>> specifics there?
> Well, the thing that caught my eye was the difference in the way the versioning
> is specified.  This change exists in every pom.xml file:
> -   <version>0.1.1-incubating</version>
> +   <version>0.1.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
> Additionally, the subversion URL has changed in the top-level pom.xml:
> -       <connection>scm:svn:</connection>
> -       <developerConnection>scm:svn:</developerConnection>
> -       <url></url>
> +       <connection>scm:svn:</connection>
> +       <developerConnection>scm:svn:</developerConnection>
> +       <url></url>
> Marvin Humphrey

Yep that's from the Maven release plugin.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246

To unsubscribe, e-mail: