incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] DirectMemory to join the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:26:26 GMT
>> - the proposal doesn't have a champion, wouldn't that be you?
>
> The main concern is that I'm not a champion :P Anyway if no one else
> would like to do it, I would be very nice to do it, but I would
> prefere if more experienced people like Christian or Olivier would do
> it

Actually you (Simone) have already played the role of a champion:"The Champion
assists the candidate on their initial submission to a Sponsor".
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion

But if you don't want to do it, I have no problem if you would add me
to that section. The part of the Champion is already nearly done,
so...

>> - are the core developers listed actively committing code to the project?

Speaking for myself, I currently have no time to commit java code, but
I am willing to do lend a hand probably with site generation, mvn, and
what comes along and does not require me to dig to deep into code,
until i have some free time again.

Cheers