incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Any23 to join the incubator
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 15:23:44 GMT
+1 on the proposal in general, notes below.

I like the idea very much, cause I am also interested in Semantic Web
related technologies, although didn't work with/on much of it so far.

But allow me to say that I see it very fitting with Apache Tika, I
mean even if you went through the Incubator I see , when it is time to
graduate, that this code should be a sub-project of Tika, because from
what I read about Tika they are both aligned together to a great
extent.

The only issue here is that you would have to start by not having
write access to that code, till you have been voted as a committer. If
that is not an issue with you, then I would propose that you get in
touch with Apache Tika team, if not then going through the Incubator
is the way to go.

Good luck in either case :).

--
Thanks