incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <>
Subject Re: Moving the incubator web site to the CMS
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:03:36 GMT

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:03 PM, sebb <> wrote:
> On 16 September 2011 19:28, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
>> In an effort to reduce the number of procedures vying for neurons in
>> my memory, I think it would be good if we went ahead and CMS-ed the
>> incubator website. I'm willing to help Joe with this, and he suggested
>> that I post this message looking for other contributors to the effort.

Please count me in. Did you discuss any procedures for this effort, I
mean are we going to do it manually or we need to automate it somehow

> The incubator site currently in incubator/public/trunk is the source
> for only part of the files under /www/
> The other files are either maintained manually by podlings, or some
> use svn pub sub.
> Is that mixture going to cause a problem?
> Perhaps it would be worth considering rearranging the layout so that
> the podling trees were distinct from the main incubator site and
> status files.

I think that would be easier when it is CMSed, AFAIU of how the CMS
works, for new podlings write access would be given to Mentors and
they will have to add/update relevant Incubator pages which is more
easy to do on CMS.

> Also, what about clutch? That currently depends on being able to read
> some XML files.

Although I have another long term idea for that, but it can be updated
to read the relevant pages of Incubator CMS, and I am also very
willing to help in that.

> There is a lot of work involved in converting everything successfully.

Indeed, thats why Benson is asking for contributors ;).