incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What do Chukwa, Droids, Hama, Hise, Lucene.Net have in common?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:38:53 GMT
On 14 September 2011 03:08, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> Shane Curcuru wrote:
>>
>> None of them has a useful description on this page:
>>
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
>>
>> Podling mentors, have at it, please!  People (even ones not me) really
>> do look at this page and wonder what the next big thing at the ASF will be.
>
> Thanks for bumping this issue. It is so important to
> encourage potential contributors to find projects
> to get involved with, and so that the Board/IPMC/ASF
> knows what these projects are about.
>
> The podlings themselves should be editing this page.
> All should develop and fine-tune their own concise description,
> and use it here and as the preface to their Board report.

Should also match the "Description" on the podling status page (e.g.
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/droids.html) and the summary
description on the website (e.g. http://incubator.apache.org/droids/)

Remember that trademarks must be used as adjectives, not nouns [1]

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#markdesc