incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving the incubator web site to the CMS
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:03:45 GMT
On 16 September 2011 19:28, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> In an effort to reduce the number of procedures vying for neurons in
> my memory, I think it would be good if we went ahead and CMS-ed the
> incubator website. I'm willing to help Joe with this, and he suggested
> that I post this message looking for other contributors to the effort.

The incubator site currently in incubator/public/trunk is the source
for only part of the files under /www/incubator.apache.org/.
The other files are either maintained manually by podlings, or some
use svn pub sub.

Is that mixture going to cause a problem?
Perhaps it would be worth considering rearranging the layout so that
the podling trees were distinct from the main incubator site and
status files.

Also, what about clutch? That currently depends on being able to read
some XML files.

There is a lot of work involved in converting everything successfully.