incubator-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo incubator proposal: Statement of Concern
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:47:18 GMT
Sounds great!

-- dims

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:14:26 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> From my perspective, that is more the case though your second sentence
>> above comes across as a setup for our not integrating.
>
> How about this?
> "It may be possible to incorporate the desired features of Accumulo into HBase.  However,
the amount of work required would slow development of HBase and Accumulo considerably.  We
believe this warrants a podling for Accumulo at the current time.  We expect active cross-pollination
will occur between HBase and podling Accumulo and it is possible that the codebases and projects
will ultimately converge."