incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accumulo for the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:01:25 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Adam P Fuchs <adam.p.fuchs@ugov.gov> wrote:

The project looks interesting.

> I believe the answer is yes regarding the code grant, and I am currently confirming that
with our lawyers. We'll get you an official answer early next week.

Great. I know that the US government has its own rules for such
things. I took part in the meetings that created the NASA Open Source
Agreement. (eg. the lawyers wouldn't let us call it an open source
"license"...) Let us know how it goes.

> The LGPL dependencies are not core to Accumulo, and we're working on substituting other
packages. We would have no problem doing this before the initial commit if necessary.

I needs to be cleaned up before release, but the original commit is fine.

-- Owen