incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michele Mostarda <michele.mosta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Any23 to join the incubator
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 10:02:41 GMT
Hi Nick,

On 4 September 2011 10:32, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> On 3 Sep 2011, at 16:01, Davide Palmisano wrote:
>
> > http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Any23Proposal
>
> Hmmm.  Could've done with something like that a decade or so ago.
> It's been a while since I worked with the semweb, but I might take
> an interest.

We hope so!

> How would Any23 relate to well-known semweb libraries such as
> Redland & family?

Currently we use Sesame [1], which is an RDF library really similar to Jena.

> Your proposal lists a couple of users: did they
> develop it to meet a need for which there was previously no solution?

When we started writing Any23 there were no other Open Source solutions
covering all the specifications we do, ATM we can affirm with strong
confidence
that this is still true.

We carefully follow development of new RDF related specifications
in particular for metadata annotation to provide new data extractors ready
be experimented by industry and academic environment.

The best

Mic

[1] http://www.openrdf.org/