incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michele Mostarda <michele.mosta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Any23 to join the incubator
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:16:31 GMT
Dear All,

On 4 September 2011 18:34, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad and Chris,
> thanks a lot for your interest on the Any23 proposal!!!
> AFAIK in the Any23 early days Davide and Michele explored the Tika
> architecture since, as you already noticed, there is a potential
> match.
> Unfortunately at that days Tika didn't match their needs and they go
> through their own path, but I'm pretty sure that thanks of its
> modularization, Any23 can be implemented as a Tika
> sub(module|project).

As Simone underlined, Tika is a core part of Any23, we use it
to detect the mime type of the library input to select a list of
appropriate extractors.

What we do in addition of Tika is data validation and in some
cases error correction.

I'm not sure that Any23 can become entirely a Tika sub-project,
but I'm confident that Any23 can share with Tika all the Extractors
related code base.

> At the same time, that would be interesting if:
>
>  * Chris is available to be added in the mentor list;
>  * Tika community would be available on being the Any23 sponsor.
>
> What do you think about it?
> Many thanks in advance, have a nice weekend!
> Simo

The best

Mic