incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Confusion: Sponsoring entity and Champions
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:56:57 GMT
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Martijn Dashorst
<> wrote:
> IMO the champion helps clarify the incubator process up to acceptance
> of the podling into the incubator. For example the champion for Wicket
> was not a singular person, but both Alex Karasulu and Upayavira were
> both very instrumental in smoothing our transition into the incubator.
> general@ can be very confusing and sometimes even hostile towards new
> podlings. Having a champion watching out for the podling is rather
> useful....

Agreed, IMO the role of the champion is to help the podling get
started (which might include help find a sponsor, mentors etc) and
they might only follow things from afar once that's done.

It's different from a mentor who's supposed to stay active until
graduation, but in some cases the role/people overlap, without

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message