incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Confusion: Sponsoring entity and Champions
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:57:22 GMT
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Tim Williams <> wrote:
> seems useful that one person would step forth and
> claim to be the champion of bringing a certain project to the ASF and
> [implicitly] agree to pushing down any artificial process hurdles...

I agree with that, and someone signing up as champion also means they
believe in the podling having its place at Apache, which is a good
thing IMO.

In the simplest case, one of the mentors just signs up as the
champion, so I don't think keeping that notion is complicated or

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message