incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confusion: Sponsoring entity and Champions
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 15:50:26 GMT
Board sponsorship equates to mandate: the Incubator PMC has no choice in the
matter.

We used that for getting an Apache-licensed J2EE server (Geronimo), but we
did *not* for OOo. We left that decision to the IPMC. I believe the concept
is obsolete and can be removed from the docs. I do not forsee the Board
taking such an action in the future.

Cheers,
-g

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Sponsor