incubator-general mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] S4 for the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:30:15 GMT
On 14 Sep 2011, at 21:19, Leo Neumeyer wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to propose S4 to be an Apache Incubator project.  S4 is a
> distributed streaming platform written in Java.
>
> Here is a link to the proposal in the Incubator wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/S4Proposal
>
> Thanks,
> Leo Neumeyer
>
> http://s4.io
> http://twitter.com/leoneu

This sounds like a really interesting proposal Leo - would it work with emerging streaming
capabilities for browser such as WebRTC and WebSockets? For example, would it work as a processor
for streams coming in from a browser via WebRTC or HTML5 Device Capture, as well as for pushing
streams out into <video> elements or to websocket clients?