incubator-general mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Accumulo for the Apache Incubator
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 16:39:16 GMT

Billie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com>
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2011 3:41:09 AM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Accumulo for the Apache Incubator

On Saturday, September 3, 2011, Adam P Fuchs <adam.p.fuchs@ugov.gov> wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> The latest stable release of Accumulo contains roughly 200,000 lines of
code, of which about 85,000 are machine generated thrift code. Of the
remaining code, about 15,000 lines are derived from other Apache projects,
and about 1,500 of those are derived from HBase code. The code derived from
HBase comprises a query caching layer (block cache, index cache, multi-level
LRU logic, etc.).

So, you are saying more than 10% of the non-generated code base (and you are
not counting lib-style uses/JARs here, right?) is derived from other Apache
code? That seems to be unusual. Just curious, could you elaborate a bit
about why you did that amd what kind of code that is? Thank you.

 Bernd