incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Confusion: Sponsoring entity and Champions
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 02:23:06 GMT
On 9/21/2011 10:12 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> I would like to add this image in addition:
> http://code.grobmeier.de/howtobecomeanasfproject.pdf
>
> Because an image does say more than thousand words...

Awesomeness.  Please check it into the docs.  And if we are ever working
in the same place someday, I would love to work through a number of
"Apache Governance 101" slides with you, since I have nice clear
pictures in my head, but have zero ability to make cool slides like you do.

If I were to nitpick:

- The top blue box with "Podling" is really an "outside community" -
i.e. some group of people with an idea and some code who are not working
on that idea at Apache yet.  Not sure what the best word is - candidate
or proposal both work OK.  I would suggest *not* calling that a podling.

Instead, the last box at the bottom should be "Podling" or "Incubating
Podling" instead of just "Incubate".

I like the idea of using feathers in some places, although personally
having the different feathers pointing in different directions drives me
crazy.

- I might update the "Feedback" to also include "[Discuss]" or the like.
  I.e. we have pretty clear understandings that you come along, make a
specific proposal, then the whole community specifically discusses the
proposal for a while.  Then the vote.

Yay diagrams.  Thanks!

- Shane