incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do Chukwa, Droids, Hama, Hise, Lucene.Net have in common?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:06:09 GMT
On 09/14/2011 06:38 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 14 September 2011 03:08, David Crossley<crossley@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Shane Curcuru wrote:
>>>
>>> None of them has a useful description on this page:
>>>
>>>   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
>>>
>>> Podling mentors, have at it, please!  People (even ones not me) really
>>> do look at this page and wonder what the next big thing at the ASF will be.
>>
>> Thanks for bumping this issue. It is so important to
>> encourage potential contributors to find projects
>> to get involved with, and so that the Board/IPMC/ASF
>> knows what these projects are about.
>>
>> The podlings themselves should be editing this page.
>> All should develop and fine-tune their own concise description,
>> and use it here and as the preface to their Board report.
>
> Should also match the "Description" on the podling status page (e.g.
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/droids.html) and the summary
> description on the website (e.g. http://incubator.apache.org/droids/)
>
> Remember that trademarks must be used as adjectives, not nouns [1]
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#markdesc

Updated Droids description to match the other ones. The description
needs to be reworked to follow the trademark rules.

It would be nice to have one canonical location for some of the
information that needs to be updated. It seems that podlings have
several different locations that need to be updated when one thing changes.