incubator-general mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Accumulo incubator proposal: Statement of Concern
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:21:33 GMT
On Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:14:26 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> From my perspective, that is more the case though your second sentence
> above comes across as a setup for our not integrating.

How about this?
"It may be possible to incorporate the desired features of Accumulo into HBase.  However,
the amount of work required would slow development of HBase and Accumulo considerably.  We
believe this warrants a podling for Accumulo at the current time.  We expect active cross-pollination
will occur between HBase and podling Accumulo and it is possible that the codebases and projects
will ultimately converge."

Billie