incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Add committer to asf-authorization-template
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:02:06 GMT
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> but I have no access. According to the guide below mentors should be
> able to do it but it seems there is a further restriction?

It looks like someone needs to correct the guide you were following

If you look at the recent account creation notices you'll see the correct
information:
    Please grant additional karma to the projects in your domain
    you wish the user to have commit to.

    Only PMC chairs (and, for podlings, also Infrastructure volunteers) can
    grant karma.  If needed, please post to the general@/dev@/private@ list
    of your project asking for someone with sufficient karma to grant
    access to <username>

Most projects have a mentor who can do it, but not all mentors can. Any
chance you could edit whichever doc you followed?

> Can anybody with write access update the auth file and add "leadpipe" to
> the OGNL podling please?

I've just gone to do that, and someone already has done for you :)

Nick