incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <>
Subject Re: Karma to asf-authorization-template
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:10:14 GMT
On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, Craig L Russell wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> There are 30 PMC chairs on the Incubator PMC, which is more than enough
>> to sort its own authz needs without bugging infra every time.
> It would be nice if this fact were better known, so
> mentors-who-are-not-pmc-chairs would know what to do when the accounts for
> the podlings that they are mentoring are created.

I think the correct process is someone who knows about the podling
produces the diff, and if they can't apply it they should just email
private@incubator to ask someone else to.

This is actually already documented on our own site:

"If no mentor has karma then an email should be posted to the IPMC private
list requesting that the grant is performed. One of the IPMCers with karma
will authorize the committer. "

>> If you are mentoring an incubator podling and are not a pmc chair,
>> please send a request to infrastructure@ with the name of the podling
>> and the new committer and we'll be happy to add the necessary karma for
>> your new committer.

We don't need to bug infra though, we have enough people in the incubator
who can do it. We just need to bug the right people here if needed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message