incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Last Bluesky report
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 07:57:27 GMT
Sadly the paperwork wasn't complete for bluesky (thus why I svn remove'd).

My personal view is that the primary issue is treating transitory
students like committers. If someone is effectively leaving the
project at the end of the year, you've got a huge problem. To get on a
soapbox for a moment, it's a general problem I see in a lot of .edu
developed open source; good intentions but chronic developer rotation
leading to no expertise in how to package an open source project
(identify licenses of code you use for example). </Off soapbox> :)

I don't know if Ross Gardler has any available time, but he's spent a
lot of time with educational institutions in the UK and open source.

Hen