incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject DISCLAIMER files - why are they being overlooked?
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:16:31 GMT
AIUI, DISCLAIMER files (*) should be present alongside NOTICE and
LICENSE files in all releases and in the top-level SVN directory, and
the disclaimer text should be prominently displayed on the podling
web-site.

These items are easy to do, but are frequently overlooked, so I wonder
if the podling templates should be updated with appropriate sections
that have to be completed?

Or perhaps there's a better way to ensure it happens?

(*) alternatively, the text can be added to the README file.
But I think that should be discouraged - it's easy for users to miss.
Also on graduation it's simple just to delete the DISCLAIMER file.