incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release for Bigtop version 0.1.0-incubating RC2
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:30:37 GMT
On 22 August 2011 19:07, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the first incubator release for Apache Bigtop, version
> 0.1.0-incubating.
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12317549&styleName=Html&projectId=12311420
>
> *** Please download, test, and vote by Thursday, August 24 (3 working days

s/August 24/,August 25/

> from now)
>
> Note that we are voting on the source (tag).
>
> Source tarball, checksums, signature:
> http://people.apache.org/~abayer/bigtop-0.1.0-incubating-candidate-2/<http://people.apache.org/~abayer/bigtop-0.1.0-incubating-candidate-0/>

sig and hashes OK.

> The tag to be voted on:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/tags/release-0.1.0-incubating-RC2
> (svn rev. 1160352)

source archive agrees with tag (apart from .gitignore files)

AL headers now appear on most files; the ones that don't have headers
are mostly test files.

There are a few filter files containing sed commands - do these
support comments?
If so, might be an idea to add some comments as to what they do (as
well as an AL header).
Not a blocker for this release.

There are NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER files in SVN and the archive,
which is good.

Unfortunately the DISCLAIMER file refers to Whirr:

"For more information about the incubation status of the Whirr project you
can go to the following page:

http://incubator.apache.org/bigtop/"

I don't think this is a blocker, but should obviously be fixed for any
future release candidates.

Also, please fix the SVN properties for the next release (BIGTOP-26).

Overall, content looks good to me (I cannot test)

So no objections from me this time round.