incubator-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HCatalog 0.1-incubating (RC1)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:58:40 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan <> wrote:
> There are two kind of jar files. One which HCatalog is adding itself
> and others we are
> inheriting from Hive project. Since Hive is TLP and has multiple
> releases I am going to assume
> I need not to worry about any of those jars and sources. I have
> verified all the HCatalog dependencies are ASL.

I'm not sure what the right answer is for that, esp as I'm not
familiar with the context of what you've said (including other apache
project source, vs, say, including a release). Perhaps one of your
mentors could provide insight? Or another incubator member might be
able to shed light.

> ./lib/libthrift.jar
> ./ivy/ivy-2.2.0.jar
> ./build/ivy/lib/hcatalog/commons-cli-1.0.jar
> ./build/ivy/lib/hcatalog/pig-0.8.0.jar
> ./build/hcatalog/hcatalog-0.1.0.jar
> So, I think I need not to bother about Notice.txt either since
> anything other then Hive dependencies are ASL.

I would think that your notice has to include any/all encumbrances
that a user of your software is taking on.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message